Secretariat Officer BRIDGEND £20,892.65
Secretariat OfficerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £20,892.65 | Posted: 18 Sep 2020 | Closes: 2 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9152
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary range : £20,892.65per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Secretariat Officer to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an effective and efficient Secretariat service to the Prison and Compliance & Assurance department, ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures.
- To assist with the management of the investigation process at HMP/YOI Parc by providing administrative support, including typing of investigation statements, collation of reports, arranging interviews and ensuring any necessary documentation is prepared, accurately maintained and securely stored.
- To assist with the management of Public and Community Correspondence, ensuring that all documentation is logged, correctly distributed and responses are obtained within the required timescales, in accordance with PSO 7100.
- To co-ordinate responses to Public and Community Correspondence on behalf of the Director, ensuring that all required information is obtained before responses are prepared.
- To co-ordinate information for the Information Access officer, ensuring that all requests for documentation made by the Ministry of Justice are logged, co-ordinated and forwarded securely both to the MOJ and other interested external parties.
- To assist the Secretariat office conducting administration roles as required, and provide statistical information to the Senior Management Team as directed.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment. (As required by secure establishments).
- Assist with the archiving process ensuring that all relevant documentation is stored correctly and safety within designated areas.
- Receive inbound telephone calls and queries from the General Public ensuring all calls are handled professionally as required.
- To take minutes of meetings as directed.
- Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Cooperate with management to ensure statutory duties are met.
- Report all accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences.
- Report any action or condition that constitutes a risk to health and safety.
- Make proper use of PPE and not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your protection.
The Ideal Candidate:
- High standard of word processing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (i.e. Word/Excel and Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of Google applications
- Proven experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience of working as part of a team in a pressured environment
- Typing qualifications
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Residential Management Assistant - Safer Custody
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Service Lead
Location: South Wales
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner- Nights
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset
Apply now Bank Forensic Medical Examiner
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset