SD and Field Engineer Bylsbridge Building 11, 13 Candela Street, Highveld Extension 73, Centurion, 0157, Bylsbridge Office Park, Building 0.00 - 0.00
SD and Field EngineerLocation: Bylsbridge Building 11, 13 Candela Street, Highveld Extension 73, Centurion, 0157, Bylsbridge Office Park, Building | Salary: 0.00 - 0.00 | Posted: 21 Apr 2021 | Closes: 7 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/4279744/209417
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
To delivery ICT operations and service excellence to end users, contracts and geographical locations across all G4S
businesses in the Africa region.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. IT Operations
- Establish good and effective working relationships withusers/ stakeholders at all levels, within business and technology teams, to achieve optimal business effectiveness and delivery against budgets.
- Support and maintain hardware, including local networks, software and fault logs, interfacing with Senior Engineers in respect of the WAN and Server infrastructure.
- In conjunction with the IT Service Desk, acting as 1st & 2nd lines upport, diagnose breakdowns /faults and take corrective, remedial action as necessary, to sustain ICT Service – either owning issues to resolution or ensuring a clear hand-off to another issue owner.
- Advise, agree and implement the distribution, use and best practice of software across available hardware to optimize end user efficiency and consistency.
- Guide and coach end users to optimize use of desktop and thin client software.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements relating to ICT,including software licenses.
- Ensure only approved software is installed to ensure continued support for the end user.
- Check end user compliance with IT policies, with particular reference to the security policy.
- Ensure full Asset Management, Incident logging and updates,
Service Request capture and other ITIL related activities for allocated sites.
2. Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hardware and/or Networking certifications advantageous
- Google Admin and Google for Work experience advantageous
- 2 years in IT Support
Skills and Attributes
- Performance Driven
- Excellent in Teamwork and Collaboration Management
- Customer Thinking
- Working with Complexity
- Driving Change
- Delivering Performance
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to interface with users at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance and customer service skills required
Jobs that might be of interest:Finance Manager
Location: Rua Direita da Samba, Casa nº 53 Corimba – Distrito Urbano da Samba Luanda Angola
Apply now Assistant Accountant
Apply now Accounts Assistant - Credit Controller
Apply now Regional Labour Controller | G4S Secure Solutions | Centurion
Apply now Rebate Administrator
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire