Screening Officer - Vancouver, British Columbia RAIC Card Required!!! Vancouver, British Columbia C$18.46 - C$20.99
Screening Officer - Vancouver, British Columbia RAIC Card Required!!!Location: Vancouver, British Columbia | Salary: C$18.46 - C$20.99 | Posted: 10 Sep 2019 | Closes: 10 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: Americas | Reference: G4S/TP/4930914/168791
Screening Officer -Vancouver International Airport
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items and personal belongings.
Shifts could be part-time or full-time. As this is a unionized environment, shift assignments are bid by seniority and can be any day of the week (including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) and starting and ending at any time during the day.
NOTE: This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of pre-screened candidates who will be required to apply for a Transport Canada Clearance and afterwards successfully complete the Screening Officer Foundations (SOF) course. Once certified, these qualified candidates will fill upcoming vacancies within the next 12 months. Detailed information will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Work as a productive team member and support and promote a positive work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Manage conflict
- Provide excellent customer service and promote teamwork
- Respond to alarms on EDT, X-ray and other equipment
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with emergency and contingency procedures
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with SOP’s and COP’s and CATSA Directives
- Establish and maintain effective communications with passengers and team members;
- Liaise with industry officials and regulatory authorities as applicable (e.g. Transport Canada, CATSA, RCMP, Airport Authority etc).
- Ensure uniform compliancy
- Ensure that all professional certifications, clearances, RAIC’s are current
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work all shifts with emphasis on overnight shifts
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- standing for long periods of time
- lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and/or other items
- bending, stooping, kneeling
- performing surface lifts
- Ability to mentally focus and concentrate for a prolonged periods of time.
- Completion of High School; Some college/CEGEP/vocational is an asset
- Successfully complete all CATSA assessments including SOF and OJT programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- Proactive team member with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to take accountability for personal actions and decisions
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to think logically and analyze information
- Computer skills an asset
- Knowledge of CATSA Organization, CATSA SOP’s, local COPs, Transport Canada Regulations as they pertain to screening and the Aeronautics Act an asset
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Screening Officer - Bilingual (English/French) - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer (Nanaimo Airport)
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington
Apply now Screening Officer (Comox Valley Airport)
Location: Comox, BC