Screening Officer - North Peace Regional Airport - Fort St John Fort St John, BC C$18.93 - C$21.52
Screening Officer - North Peace Regional Airport - Fort St JohnLocation: Fort St John, BC | Salary: C$18.93 - C$21.52 | Posted: 27 Apr 2022 | Closes: 27 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/7554146/220304
Screening Officer - Region
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items and personal belongings.
Shifts could be part-time or full-time. As this is a unionized environment, shift assignments are bid by seniority and can be any day of the week (including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) and starting and ending at any time during the day.
NOTE: This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of pre-screened candidates who will be required to apply for a Transport Canada Clearance and afterward successfully complete the Screening Officer Foundations (SOF) course.
While waiting for the TC clearance and/or SOF training, candidates will be offered the opportunity to work as Pre-Certified Screening Officers (PCSOs) if needed.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Work as a productive team member and support and promote a positive work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Manage conflict
- Provide excellent customer service and promote teamwork
- Respond to alarms on EDT, X-ray, and other equipment
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with emergency and contingency procedures
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with SOPs and COPs and CATSA Directives
- Establish and maintain effective communications with passengers and team members
- Ensure uniform compliance
- Ensure that all professional certifications and clearances are current
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work all shifts with emphasis on overnight shifts
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- standing for long periods of time
- lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and/or other items
- bending, stooping, kneeling
- performing surface lifts
- able to wear face coverings during their shift
- Ability to mentally focus and concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
- Completion of High School; Some college/CEGEP/vocational is an asset
- Successfully complete all CATSA assessments including SOF and OJT programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- Proactive team member with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to take accountability for personal actions and decisions
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to think logically and analyze information
- Computer skills an asset
- Knowledge of CATSA Organization, CATSA SOPs, local COPs, Transport Canada Regulations as they pertain to screening and the Aeronautics Act an asset
About the Company:
G4S is now known as Allied Universal Security Services.
Allied Universal - Aviation Division delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Allied Universal is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Allied Universal est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Screening Officer - Quesnel Airport
Location: Quesnel, BC
Apply now Deputy Team Leader T1
Apply now Screening Officer - YVR
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Kamloops Airport
Location: Kamloops, BC
Apply now Detention Officer - Flex