Screening Officer - Comox Valley Airport Comox, BC C$18.93 - C$21.52
Screening Officer - Comox Valley AirportLocation: Comox, BC | Salary: C$18.93 - C$21.52 | Posted: 31 May 2022 | Closes: 30 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/7554146/220576
Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way.
As a member of the Allied Universal Aviation Team, you will have the distinct opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. We understand the importance of this role and are looking for team members who want to safeguard their communities, while learning critical skills, beyond security, that will help them create long-lasting careers.
As a Screening Officer you will report to the Service Delivery Manager and hold responsibility for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items and personal belongings.
As this is a unionized 24/7 environment, shift assignments are bid by seniority and can be any day of the week (including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) and shifts can be from early morning, late afternoon, evening, and graveyard.
While waiting for the Transport Canada clearance and/or Screening Officer training, candidates will be offered the opportunity to work full-time as Pre-Certified Screening Officers (PCSOs).
PCSOs or SOs who work full-time hours earn an additional $495 per month.
We offer full-time paid training, comprehensive benefits coverage, pension, free staff parking or transit reimbursement. Uniform is provided.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Working as a productive team member; supporting and promoting a positive work environment
- Communicating clearly and effectively
- Managing conflict
- Providing excellent customer service and promoting teamwork
- Responding to alarms on EDT, X-ray, and other equipment
- Becoming knowledgeable and conversant with emergency and contingency procedures
- Becoming knowledgeable and conversant with SOPs and COPs and CATSA Directives
- Establishing and maintaining effective communications with passengers and team members
- Complying with uniform requirements
- Ensuring that all professional certifications and clearances are current
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work all shifts - early morning, late afternoon, graveyard
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- standing for long periods of time
- lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and/or other items
- bending, stooping, kneeling
- performing surface lifts
- able to wear face coverings during their shift
- Ability to mentally focus and concentrate for a prolonged periods of time.
- Completion of High School; Some college/CEGEP/vocational is an asset
- Successfully complete all CATSA assessments including Screening Officer Foundations (SOF) and On-the-Job (OJT) programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- Proactive team member with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to take accountability for personal actions and decisions
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to think logically and analyze information
- Computer skills an asset
- Knowledge of CATSA Organization, CATSA SOPs, local COPs, Transport Canada Regulations as they pertain to screening and the Aeronautics Act an asset
About the Company:
G4S is now known as Allied Universal Security Services.
Allied Universal - Aviation Division delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Allied Universal is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Allied Universal est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Screening Officer - Comox Valley Airport
Location: Comox, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Campbell River Airport
Location: Campbell River, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Nanaimo Airport
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Apply now Scheduler / Capacity Planner
Location: Richmond, BC