School Catering AssistantsLocation: Wiltshire | Salary: £8.91 | Posted: 10 Dec 2021 | Closes: 4 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10972
We are actively seeking to recruit School Caterers to join our contract with North Wiltshire Schools, based within Wiltshire.
We have sites across Wiltshire covering various schools and the best location and hours for you can be discussed!
We have Part Time roles working Monday to Friday, which are Term Time only, working 43 weeks per year.
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
As a Catering Assistant, you will assist in providing catering and food services to the school, maintaining an awareness of health and food safety standards and working as part of a team to ensure service delivery across the contract.
- Preparation of cold snack items.
- Preparation of cake or biscuit items for sale.
- Preparation of items on the menu as directed by the chef manager.
- Serving of food to customers.
- Operation of tills and use of cashless catering.
- Cashing up of tills.
- Clearing up of kitchen and restaurant areas.
- Completing paperwork as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Flexible with an awareness of basic food safety.
Ideally you will have experience of working in catering within a school environment, however training will be provided.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics).
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Catering Assistant - Swaffham Community Hospital
Location: Swaffham, Norfolk
Apply now School Cleaners
Apply now Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
Location: Tower Hamlets
Apply now Senior HR Business Partner
Apply now HR Advisor