Scheduler- Security Calgary,AB C$0.00 - C$0.00
Scheduler- SecurityLocation: Calgary,AB | Salary: C$0.00 - C$0.00 | Posted: 9 Oct 2020 | Closes: 31 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3956523/194821
G4S is proud to offer:
- High Wages
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous Learning Environment
- Support and guidance throughout your career
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
As a Security Guard with G4S, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our client's safety and security. You will use your communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to think quickly, on your feet and maintain a professional manner. Our Security Guards must always project a professional image for our clients.
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions:
- Design, maintain and implement Master Schedules for all job sites as required
- Maintain and provide all reports as required by Time-gate
- Ensure all electronic reports are transmitted as per Branch and Company requirements
- Document all work hours, time differences and employee changes in the online systems to ensure accuracy.
- Assign new staff and re-assign staff according to site requirements and established procedures
- Ensure all vacancies due to any kind of absences are filled with the most suitable, qualified replacements and are fully staffed
- Manage the additional costs of training time and unbillable overtime by the judicious selection of staff to fill vacancies
- Ability to track, analyze and forecast scheduling trends
- Maintain communications between security guards and site supervisors
- Recommend disciplinary action to the Operations Manager, in respect of employees who are continually late or absent from duty, who refuse work assignments, who fail to report for work without prior notice, or who generate client complaints
- Ensure data relevant to employee lateness, illness, recommendations for disciplinary action or positive feedback received are inputted into Time-gate and communicated to managers
- Establish and maintain effective liaison with the HR department and/or Recruiter
- Ensure that all employee complaints are resolved as quickly as possible or referred to the management, HR, or Area Manager
- Accept temporary work from established Clients on behalf of the Company and ensure that work orders are completed for all such work accepted
- Coordinate all temporary work as assigned
- Disseminates duties, post orders to staff when assigning duties.
- Position may be required to work days/evenings/ nights and weekends as required to meet organizational needs
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employee groups and building partnerships at all levels of the organization
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Superior Customer Service Skills and consulting skillset
- Understanding of rotational shifts, 24-hour clock, various site schedules, and scheduling processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Mobile Security Guard
Apply now Security Guard- Casual Lethbridge
Apply now Security Guard- Cardston
Apply now Security Supervisor / Administrator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Apply now Security Guard - Seasonal Coverage (Part Time / Casual)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta