Scheduler - Part Time Montreal, QC £0 - £0
Scheduler - Part TimeLocation: Montreal, QC | Salary: £0 - £0 | Posted: 5 Jul 2019 | Closes: 5 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/161609
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc. (G4S), including but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), background check, minimum age and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). As well, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND FUNCTION but are not limited to:
- Design, maintain and implement Master Schedules for all job sites as required
- Maintain and provide all reports as required by Time-gate
- Ensure all electronic reports are transmitted as per Branch and Company requirements
- Document all work hours, time differences and employee changes in the online systems to ensure accuracy.
- Assign new staff and re-assign staff according to site requirements and established procedures
- Ensure all vacancies due to any kind of absences are filled with the most suitable, qualified replacements and are fully staffed
- Manage the additional costs of training time and unbillable overtime by the judicious selection of staff to fill vacancies
- Ability to track, analyze and forecast scheduling trends
- Maintain communications between security guards and site supervisors
- Recommend disciplinary action to the Operations Manager, in respect of employees who are continually late or absent from duty, who refuse work assignments, who fail to report for work without prior notice, or who generate client complaints
- Ensure data relevant to employee lateness, illness, recommendations for disciplinary action or positive feedback received are inputted into Time-gate and communicated to managers
- Establish and maintain effective liaison with the HR department and/or Recruiter
- Ensure that all employee complaints are resolved as quickly as possible or referred to management, HR, or Area Manager
- Accept temporary work from established Clients on behalf of the Company and ensure that work orders are completed for all such work accepted
- Coordinate all temporary work as assigned
- Disseminates duties, post orders to staff when assigning duties.
- Position may be required to work days/evenings/ nights and weekends as required to meet organizational needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employee groups and building partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information relative to Company operations and personnel.
- Communicate in a diplomatic, courteous and effective manner.
- Represents and promotes G4S interests both internally and externally.
- Ensures G4S international branding standards are met.Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Superior Customer Service Skills and consulting skill set
- Relevant experience in security industry is an asset
- Understanding of the application of legislation including Employment Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety, and Privacy Legislation.
- Understanding of rotational shifts, 24 hour clock, various site schedules and scheduling processes
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and Meticulous record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the collective bargaining agreement
- Must be well organized and demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Equivalent College/University Education related to the Security industry (Preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience as a Scheduler or Role required to work with workforce
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Scheduler
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Apply now Product Manager
Location: Chlemsford, Massachusetts
Apply now Product Manager
Location: United States
Apply now Program Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Apply now Fiber Optic Project Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois