Scheduler / Capacity Planner Richmond, BC Competitive
Scheduler / Capacity PlannerLocation: Richmond, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 10 May 2022 | Closes: 10 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/220403
Airports are gateways to the world and our Allied Universal team is leading the way. We are looking for team members who can deliver on our promise of providing proactive security services that are trusted, reliable, forward-thinking, courageous, caring, nimble and responsive.
Reporting to the Capacity Supervisor, the Scheduler/Capacity Planner strives to maintain schedule accuracy and efficiency while providing exceptional customer service.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Maintains, audits, and administers shift schedules for Screening Officers.
- Ensures accuracy of Screening Officer attendance by documenting all work hours.
- Responds to requests for shift changes and ensures all vacancies in the schedule are filled with the most suitable and qualified replacements.
- Completes administrative functions, which include but are not limited to: processing leave requests, shift giveaways, and trade requests.
- Maintains and provides all reports through various scheduling systems and software.
- Works in accordance with established processes, Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Canada Labour Code.
- Lead or participate in various project teams within the Allied Universal Aviation division.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Experience, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- College Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum one year experience in an administrative role, preferably in the security or aviation industries.
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation is an asset.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Efficiency In Oral And Written Communication
- Proficiency With Microsoft Office
- Coaching, Mentoring, Motivating
- Assess and Evaluate Situations
- Identify Critical Issues Quickly and Accurately
- Set Attainable Goals for Self and Others
- Identify Details and Alternatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Support Through Teamwork, Collaboration and Cooperation
- Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence
- Superior Customer Service Orientation
- Mediate Conflict With Tact & Diplomacy
- Promotes Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Synthesize Facts, Concepts, Principles
- Develop Effective Customer Relations
- Ability to Recognize Cause and Effect
- Ability to Multitask in a Fast Paced Environment
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
- Bilingual French / English.
- Proficiency with Timegate and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in a unionized environment
About the Company:
G4S is now known as Allied Universal Security Services.
Allied Universal - Aviation Division delivers screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports in BC and the Yukon Territory, in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Allied Universal is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Jobs that might be of interest:Screening Officer - YVR
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Williams Lake Regional Airport
Location: Williams Lake, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Screening Officer - Nanaimo Airport
Location: Nanaimo, BC