SARC Manager Thames Valley £35,000-£40,000
SARC ManagerLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £35,000-£40,000 | Posted: 14 Jan 2020 | Closes: 28 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8074
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We are recruiting for a SARC Manager to join our team in Thames Valley (SL2 2BJ and OX26 2NT)
We are inviting applications from both Clinical and Non-Clinical background
Benefits as a SARC Manager
- Salary of £35,000-£40,000 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 40 hours per week (Full Time)
Job outline: To lead, manage and co-ordinate the delivery the SARC service in accordance with Contractual Obligations, National guidelines and Local Targets and play a pivotal role in it’s continued development within budgetary restraints. To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC code conduct.
- To effectively lead, manage and co-ordinate the SARC team in the delivery of the SARC service which aims to improve Health and Criminal Justice outcomes for victims of sexual assault in accordance with Contractual obligations National guidelines and local targets.
- To evaluate and assess provision of service feeding back monthly data and annual reports to Commissioners and Stakeholders and G4S Health.
- To implement changes in practice when required and work towards continuous improvement within budgetary restraints.
- To promote the SARC service with partner agencies, other professionals and the community
- Investigate any complaints and instigate appropriate response and action with support of the SARC Lead
- To provide Clinical Governance activity within the SARC Team, including training, clinical audit, and managing clinical incidents and complaints.
- To be the CQC Registered Manager for the Service and ensure compliance
- To ensure staff adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- To ensure the secure storage of forensic samples, documentation and records in accordance with Health and Criminal Justice legislation.
- Responsible for the SARC’s medicine management.
- To ensure effective use of human, financial and physical resources in the delivery of a 24/7 service.
- To ensure coverage of on-call rota’s and take action where there are gaps.
- To liaise with HR to manage sickness and absence, annual leave, grievance, disciplinary and capability procedures.
- To authorise staff timesheets, travel and expenses.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and induction of new staff in liaison with HR.
- To undertake staff appraisals, 1:1 meetings and chair team meetings.
- To support the professional development of the SARC Team by developing, delivering or sourcing relevant training courses, events and conferences.
- To use own skills flexibly to create new initiatives and development as appropriate within budgetary constraints.
- To develop local policies, protocols and guidelines.
- To be the Safeguarding Lead for the service and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed and information is shared with relevant teams when safeguarding concerns are raised.
- To engage clients with an evaluation of the service and implement any relevant changes.
- To carry out forensic examinations when required of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgment within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence, document injuries, complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication under G4S Health PGD’s.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times.
- To complete written statements as soon as practically possible, when requested by G4S Health.
- To attend court when requested to as a professional witness
- To maintain their SARC Training Matrix by attending quarterly peer supervision, peer review, appraisals, undertaking quarterly reflective practice, completing mandatory training and attending relevant training, events and conferences.
- To work towards acquiring the LSOM qualification or equivalent
- Responsible for personal continued professional development.
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge
- Registered Nurse/Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience of working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Clinical Governance knowledge and experience
- Team Leader and management experience in healthcare
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Safeguarding skills and knowledge.
- Good understanding of Confidentiality and Information Governance.
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting
- Speculum Examination Skills
- Access to own transport
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Time management
- Service development and delivery
- Experience of CQC Registration and standards
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
- Working with Vulnerable Groups
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Jobs that might be of interest:CAMHS Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Substance Misuse Worker
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Part Time Nurse (RMN)
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset