SARC Crisis Worker Bicester, Oxfordshire Shift Rates
SARC Crisis WorkerLocation: Bicester, Oxfordshire | Salary: Shift Rates | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 30 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7810
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We have an opportunity for a Crisis Worker to join our team, based at the Solace SARC in Bicester. You must live within 45 minutes of this location to qualify for this role.
Rates of Pay as a Crisis Worker:
- £20 on-call retainer
- Call out - £12.50 per hour
- £8.50 per hour for training/admin
- Mileage rates
Other Benefits as a Crisis Worker:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Shifts: As a Flexi Crisis Worker, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The hours of work will be night shifts between 18:00-06:00, with the opportunity for overtime until 8:00. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
As a Flexi Crisis Worker, you will provide on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service.
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC.
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients.
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other.
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager.
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Experience of working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault.
- Forensic Awareness.
- Multi-Agency Working.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner- Nurse
Location: Thames Valley, Oxfordshire
Apply now SARC Manager
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Bank Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Mental Health Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Head of Safeguarding
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire