SARC Coordinator Slough £22,905
SARC CoordinatorLocation: Slough | Salary: £22,905 | Posted: 8 Feb 2021 | Closes: 5 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9277
£22,905.00 per annum
40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Thames Valley (Slough) SARC (Slough, SL1 2BJ)
Based in Slough with the potential of working at our Bicester site, once a week
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Thames Valley SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service, Solace, commissioned by NHS England and Thames Valley Police.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, ISVA’s, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide aftercare including risk.
Job Spec: The SARC Coordinator will be the first point of contact for users of the service. The post holder will assist with the administration and management process of victims (women, men and children) attending the SARC, provide support to the SARC Manager with the day to day running of the SARC and provide a crisis worker role within office hours when required
Benefits as a SARC Coordinator:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.