SARC Administrator / Crisis Worker - Part Time Slough, Berkshire £14,825.70
SARC Administrator / Crisis Worker - Part TimeLocation: Slough, Berkshire | Salary: £14,825.70 | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 30 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7812
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We have an opportunity for a Part Time Administrator to join our team at Solace SARC in Slough, who will also oversee the role of Crisis Worker.
Shifts: The contracted hours will be 28 hours per week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00. You will also have the option to work additional hours as a Crisis Worker on a Flexi contract out of hours between 06:00 and 18:00.
Rates of Pay as an Administrator / Crisis Worker:
- Salary of £14,825.70 for contracted hours
- Flexi rates of £20 retainer, £12.50 per hour for call-outs and £8.50 per hour for training/admin hours.
Other Benefits as a Crisis Worker:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As a SARC Administrator, you will often be the first point of contact for users of the service. You will assist with the administration and management process of victims (women, men and children) attending the SARC and will provide support to the SARC Manager with the day to day running of the SARC. You will also provide support as a Crisis Worker within office hours when required.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service.
- To provide advocacy support and telephone support to callers in the context of a sensitive and non-judgmental service, using effective communication skills.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To offer a welcoming environment to the service users and all visitors upon their arrival at the SARC and act as a first point of contact, in the absence of the SARC Manager.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager.
- General administrative support and organisation, maintaining files and other data recording systems.
- Ordering stationery, stock and equipment and monitoring orders and stock levels.
- To maintain your SARC Training Matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times.
- Understand all company policies and procedures, deliver contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities.
- To build relationships and links with partner agencies, deliver presentations about the SARC service, and ensure referral pathways are seamless.
- Undertake duties at any location outside of the SARC, in order to meet service needs – e.g. Hospital, prison, nursing home, etc.
- Along with SARC Manager, take responsibility for ensuring Contractual Obligations are reached by aiding with occasional nights and weekends Crisis Worker shifts to ensure there are no gaps in provision of service.
- Assist the SARC Manager with the interview, training and induction of new Crisis Workers.
- Participate in developing, monitoring and evaluating the service provision of the centre.
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4SFMS and the SARC.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Senior Nurse (RGN)
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Healthcare Assistant/HCA
Apply now Paramedic
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex