Resource PlannerLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £20,000 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week | Posted: 11 Jun 2019 | Closes: 25 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19/73
G4S Policing Services as part of our strategic partnership with Lincolnshire Police are looking for an enthusiastic Resource Planner to join our Resource Management Unit.
This is a full time role for 40 hours per week to be split between our Force Headquarters and Lincoln Police Station.
The Resource Management Unit provide a service that plans and manages the shift patterns/rosters and deployments of people working for G4s and its client.
As a Resource Planner, your role is to ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently deployed, within the constraints of the appropriate budgets, to meet a diverse range of operational requirements of the clients.
- To support the performance of G4S and its client [Lincolnshire Police] by ensuring resources meet identified demand in the most cost efficient way.
- To publish duties 12 weeks in advance and maintain adequate staffing levels to cover sickness or other absences reported during working hours, up to 48 hours of the commencement of duty.
- To ensure adequate police cover is maintained by planning and producing computerised duty rosters ensuring minimum levels are reached and in line with all performance indicators.
- To manage and authorise all requests for absence, including leave, court and training, whilst maintaining minimum staffing levels.
- To enter data on the Duty Management System and ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are maintained. To ensure duties are accurate and pre-planned events/hours are on the system to ensure payroll is correct due to system being linked to pay..
- To resource special events with the correctly skilled Staff and Police Officers accordance with Police and Staff Regulations, e.g. Football matches and annual events such as the Lincolnshire Show; Christmas Market etc. To ensure all staff working on these events are costed to correct roles and codes.
- To ensure all designated G4S employees, Police Officers and Police Staff skills are maintained within the required time scales, to remain current.
- To provide data for management information reports, as directed by the Resource Manager.
- To work closely with Human Resources and Learning & Development departments.
- To carry out other duties which may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- To resource and appropriately cost code requests for mutual aid from other Police Forces ensuring minimum levels across Lincs are maintained.
- To liaise closely with senior management teams to ensure staffing levels are maintained across departments and locations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering Objectives
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and Co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent, or proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and database packages.
- Experience of preparing and producing management information
- Demonstrates skills/knowledge of planning, co-ordinating and prioritising, with conflicting demands.
- Good communication skills – with the ability to explain things clearly in writing and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to use own initiative; work unsupervised.
- Demonstrates an ability to work under pressure.
- Confident speaking to clients and customers at all levels.
- An active team player.
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving high levels of performance.
- Demonstrates a flexible/adaptable approach to working practices.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- GCSE in English and maths or equivalent
- Knowledge of Police Regulations.
- Experience of organising large numbers of people and/ events.
- Knowledge of working with shift patterns.
- Ability to use Duty Management Systems