Residential Management Assistant - Safer Custody BRIDGEND £19,378.69
Residential Management Assistant - Safer CustodyLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £19,378.69 | Posted: 19 Oct 2020 | Closes: 2 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9264
Residential Management Assistant - Safer Custody (6 month maternity cover only)
HM Prison & YOI Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £19,378.69 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Residential Management Assistant to join our Safer Custody Department at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be on a 6 month contract providing maternity cover. They will provide an effective and efficient administration service to the Safer Custody function; to help maintain efficiency and professionalism at HMP & YOI Parc by supporting the department.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the Safer Custody and Community Safety functional team are met.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly spreadsheets reporting on statistical information, to include as a minimum production of graphs, pie charts and trend lines via excel spreadsheets
- Maintain and update Safer custody databases
- Producing written handover briefing documents for outside agencies providing key information for harm reduction
- Organise, attend and minute all routine meetings as directed by the Safer custody management team
- Attend and minute Harm Reduction case conferences with offenders
- Maintain effective work systems ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with professionally, within set deadlines and that meets audit requirements.
- Maintain a secure, effective and confidential filing system
- Produce monthly harm reduction newsletters and update staff information in relation to harm reduction
- Summary and analysis of exit questionnaires for prisoners
- Collation and coordination of court reports where appropriate
- Coordinate listeners applications, listener rota and provide support to the Samaritans
- Gather, analyse and record data for harm reduction plans
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Ability to use outlook Email & Calendar
- Experience of working in a busy office / department
- Excellent organisational skills; a detail-oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custodial and Detention Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Family Services Administrator
Apply now Social Visits Manager
Apply now Waste Management Operative
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now GDAS Criminal Justice Caseworker