Residential Management Assistant (RMA) BRIDGEND £21,143.00
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £21,143.00 | Posted: 28 Apr 2022 | Closes: 19 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11699
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £21,143.00 per annum
Permanent, Full Time - 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We are looking for team player who has experience of working in a busy pressured environment with excellent communication and organisational skills. The successful candidate will be required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the designated residential area by providing sound administrative support and assistance in related issues
- To provide general administrative support for the senior manager and operational staff on residential living units including receipt and delivery of internal and external mail daily.
- To ensure that prisoners are paid correctly and that any queries relating to pay are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the regime hours for residential areas are collated and entered onto the computer system on a daily basis and act as a liaison point with the Regime Allocation Unit and unit staff over prisoner employment issues, risk assessment and sickness.
- To ensure that a referral log for HDC applications, complaints and cash disbursements is accurately maintained.
- To ensure that a receipt book for prisoners cash and postal orders is accurately maintained and that any such items are passed to and signed for, by a member of the Cash Office.
- To assist with the control of stationery ensuring that residential areas have adequate supplies to carry out their role.
- To ensure that prisoners wing records are correctly filed on residential units and passed to the Custody Office prior to discharge.
- General administration duties to include delivery of internal/external posts
- Provide cover in the absence of other Residential Administrators as agreed.
- Attend internal training courses as directed
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initative.
- Stage 2 typing/word processing and minute taking
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
For more information on HMP Parc, please visit https://hmpparc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S CaRS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now OMU Case Administrator - Full time/Fixed Term Contract (12 mths)
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Offender Manager