Residential Management Assistant (RMA) BRIDGEND £10,445.00
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £10,445.00 | Posted: 3 Aug 2020 | Closes: 17 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9020
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
£10,445.00 per annum
Part Time - 20 hours per week
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Residential Management Assistant to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the smooth and efficient running by providing sound administrative support and assistance in related issues
- Responsible for updating and maintaining databases / spreadsheets covering a range of activities;
- Compiling paper documents and scanning as required to secure online files / databases;
- Build and prepare paper / electronic documents for operational and resettlement purposes;
- Managing daily mail into and out of the YPU;
- Compiling, producing and disseminating monthly and quarterly reporting statistics and reports to internal and external stakeholders;
- Co-ordinating various operational and resettlement monthly / quarterly meetings, disseminating agendas and completed minutes;
- Dissemination of communication to young people, YPU and wider staffing group as required via email and other databases;
- Compiling, maintaining, closing and appropriately archiving young person files, both electronically and in physical form;
- Acting as ‘front of house’ for the Young Person’s Unit, receiving, relaying and recording communication from external agencies and family members where appropriate;
- Co-ordination of online booking systems for visitors as required;
- Administration of resettlement systems and databases in line with national standards;
- Collating and relaying information between internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Managing internal room booking systems for inteventions, meetings and professional visitors;
- Processing and monitoring of stationary / ‘office hub’ orders, maintenance requests, young person applications, complaints and safeguarding referrals in line with internal processes;
- Undertaking and reporting on internal assurance processes as required;
- To provide general administrative support for the Head of Young Person’s Unit, senior managers, operational and resettlement staff;
- Provide cover in the absence of other Residential Administrators as agreed;
- Attend internal training courses as directed;
- Support sickness management
- To provide admin support for specific areas as aprt of the ongoing action plan;
- Any other management admin task assigned to you by the SOM or Head of YPU
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and Google systems
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initiative
- GCSE Maths and English (A – C) or equivalent
- Previous knowledge of criminal justice setting / working in a custodial environment
- Previous experience in administrative or business support role
- Higher level qualifications in computing / IT
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.