Residential Management Assistant (RMA) BRIDGEND £20,480.94
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £20,480.94 | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 23 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7804
Residential Management Assistant (RMA)
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
£20,480.94 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Residential Management Assistant to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the designated residential area by providing sound administrative support and assistance in related issues
- To provide general administrative support for the senior manager and operational staff on residential living units including receipt and delivery of internal and external mail daily.
- To ensure that prisoners are paid correctly and that any queries relating to pay are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the regime hours for residential areas are collated and entered onto the computer system on a daily basis and act as a liaison point with the Regime Allocation Unit and unit staff over prisoner employment issues, risk assessment and sickness.
- To ensure that a referral log for HDC applications, complaints and cash disbursements is accurately maintained.
- To ensure that a receipt book for prisoners cash and postal orders is accurately maintained and that any such items are passed to and signed for, by a member of the Cash Office.
- To assist with the control of stationery ensuring that residential areas have adequate supplies to carry out their role.
- To ensure that prisoners wing records are correctly filed on residential units and passed to the Custody Office prior to discharge.
- To attend investigation interviews where required and take contemporaneous notes for Senior Managers.
- Provide cover in the absence of other Residential Administrators as agreed.
- Attend internal training courses as directed
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initative
- Stage 2 typing/word processing and minute taking
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Communications Officer - Part Time
Apply now Communications Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Play Area Support Worker
Apply now Learning and Skills Art Curriculum Manager