Residential First Line Manager Rugby, Warwickshire £29,863.85
Residential First Line ManagerLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £29,863.85 | Posted: 17 May 2019 | Closes: 31 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7824
Residential First Line Manager
HM Prison Rye Hill, Rugby
Salary : £29,863.85 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Residential First Line Manager to join our team at HMP Rye Hill.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s).
The successful candidate will be required to manage the efficient and effective operation of allocated residential units to meet contractual and company requirements.
- Implement and monitor all routines and systems, including documentation, in accordance with security instructions to ensure the effective running of allocated units.
- Provide a secure environment in which prisoners receive all statutory rights in line with contractual obligations and company policies and procedures.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Prepare as required and ensure the delivery and quality of the offender management process to the relevant standards.
- Monitor and implement the Incentives and Privileges scheme to comply with Prison Service Orders.
- Ensure all operational instructions and emergency procedures are adhered to in line with policy.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Undertake the operational management role when required, ensuring the effective daily operation of the prison, including efficient staff deployment and monitoring effective ACCT and Violence Reduction systems to minimise suicides, self-harm and bullying within the prison
- Perform the role of Duty Manager as and when required to ensure that the operation runs effectively, to include monitoring effective ACCT and Violence Reduction systems to minimise suicides, self-harm and bullying within the prison (Only applies to those locally allocated ande trained)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a custodial environment
- Previous management experience
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.