Resettlement Support BRIDGEND £25,056.10
Resettlement SupportLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £25,056.10 | Posted: 20 May 2022 | Closes: 3 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11808
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £25,056.10 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalize prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimized. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasize the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We now have an opportunity for a Resettlement Support to join our team at HMP Parc.
The post will provide administrative support for the resettlement function at HMP & YOI Parc. This newly formed function aims to consolidate and bring together various strands of resettlement services at Parc, and effective administrative support will be critical in supporting this. This role with also carry specific responsibility for organizing and implementing ID and Bank Account requirements for prisoners at Parc
- Carry out administrative duties to support the resettlement function
- Act as the single point of contact for matters relating to the delivery of Identification and bank account set up services for prisoners as outlined in the HMPPS Resettlement Services Business Plan
- Assess the needs of prisoners who require ID and/or bank accounts and keep necessary records associated with this
- Support prisoners with applications for both ID and bank accounts, including following necessary procedures, managing and responding to enquiries and acting as a single point of contact
- Ensure a robust system is in place to identify relevant prisoners and offer the services during the resettlement period
- Maintain necessary financial records and management information, providing reports where required
- Support the Prison Employment Lead in identifying and job-matching prisoners to opportunities for employment, training and ROTL
- Support the gathering of Management Information relating to resettlement outcomes for prisoners at HMP & YOI Parc
- Undertake broader administrative tasks at times as required by the business, including minute taking
- Efficient and organized administration skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a busy administrative environment
- Experience of customer facing roles
- Experience of using database and recording systems
- Experience of working in a criminal justice environment
- Experience of working in resettlement services
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
For more information on HMP Parc, please visit https://hmpparc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Contract Management Co-Ordinator
Location: Sutton/ Home or a combination of the two.
Apply now Administration and Payroll Assistant
Location: IG3 8YB, Essex
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - EASS
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Customer Experience Advisor - DWP
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Help Desk Agent
Location: CM1 2QE