Resettlement Case Worker Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £24,449.40
Resettlement Case WorkerLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £24,449.40 | Posted: 21 Nov 2019 | Closes: 5 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8341
Resettlement Case Worker
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Oakhill, Nr Milton Keynes
£24,449.40 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Oakhill Secure Training Centre forms part of G4S Custodial and Detention Services who work closely with the Home Office, Youth Custody Services for England and Wales and the Ministry of Justice to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre, we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure continuation through care and work with the Youth Offending Services Team to promote the safeguarding of young people’s’ welfare and ensure that the Youth Custody Services national standards are met.
- Represent the STC at the first community review meeting for DTO young people within relevant timescales, to ensure compliance with YJB national standards.
- Complete relevant documentation for internal and external reviews to ensure information is current and correct.
- Monitor the progress of young people during and after release by telephone contact with external agencies so that records can be kept on their progress to demonstrate the effectiveness of the STC.
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure that after care arrangements are met and report back to the STC with findings.
- Support the Units with direct work with young people so that they acquire personal knowledge of young people that will facilitate their participation in the review process.
- Participate in the risk assessment during admissions so that the immediate vulnerability and risk of the young person is determined accurately.
- Act as a Case Holder, providing a programme of care, under supervision, for the young person in line with legislation and best practice.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience and qualifications required for this role are detailed within the Contract Appendices
- Certificated as a Custody Officer
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
It is every employee’s responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with. Therefore every employee will be required to hold a current enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Scheme) certificate.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Youth Custody Service are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now RGN
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Voluntary Car Driver- Lewisham
Location: London, Greater London