Relief Cleaners - E1 Tower Hamet's - Various Locations £8.21 per hour
Relief Cleaners - E1Location: Tower Hamet's - Various Locations | Salary: £8.21 per hour | Posted: 10 Jun 2019 | Closes: 8 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4784
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
The Tower Hamlets Schools contract is a PFI operation based in the East End of London where we are responsible for a large number of Primary and Secondary Education Facilities. Our schools are supported by a team located at Trinity Buoy Wharf. The contract itself employs more than 200 people, the majority of whom are based across the 24 schools. Our day to day customers are head teachers and business managers who work for the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We provide them with the full range of facility management services, excluding catering.
We are currently recruiting for reliable cleaners to work at a number of schools within the Tower Hamlets area of London.
- On arrival, to report for duty in full uniform for the normal work routines.
- To carry out all cleaning assigned, making full use of guidance and training given, using checklists provided.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is collected before starting work.
- Use all materials and consumables in accordance with laid down practices ensuring the economic use of resources.
- Collection, segregation and disposal of waste materials, replacement of bin liners, in accordance with policies.
- Undertake manual and mechanical cleaning activities in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
- Comply with methods of cleaning required for areas.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are completed and checked on a daily basis.
- Refilling of all dispensers including soap, hand towels, toilet rolls and all paper rolls
- Provide emergency and ad hoc cleaning as required.
- Check and observe cleaning to be carried out in accordance with schedule.
- Work safely at all times giving due consideration to themselves and others.
- Must use the appropriate work equipment and PPE provided report safety deficiencies and accidents through line manager.
- Carry out all related duties as may be allocated by the Supervisor.
- Check equipment for faults and notify the relevant person
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and correctly stored after use.
- At the end of each shift, store all equipment used in the appropriate storage.
- Report any maintenance required to a member of the Supervisory or Management team