Relief Cargo Screener Swindon, United Kingdom 10.75 hourly
Relief Cargo ScreenerLocation: Swindon, United Kingdom | Salary: 10.75 hourly | Posted: 22 Mar 2022 | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: T220000XP
We have a position for a Relief Cargo Screener operating with our prestigious, household name client. You will cover two sites based in Reading and Bristol. Please note it is essential you have a valid driving licence and have your own transport.
The position requires primarily the operation of various X-Ray machines to assist in processing large volumes of freight in a busy Warehouse environment.
Additional duties would include Gatehouse Operation, Aircraft Search & Guard and other Aviation Security tasks.
- Required to perform various tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, , physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight
- Responsible for using X-Ray machines to identify dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft
- Maintain focus and awareness within an environment containing numerous distractions, people, and noise
- Work within a demanding environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery, people, distractions, time pressure and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life-threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations
Please note this is a zero hours contract so you will need be flexible to work on an adhoc basis. This position will be most suited to individuals looking for an additional income.
Minimum Skills Required
- A good standard of education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to follow procedures
- A calm, organized and logical approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise and a proactive approach. Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Must be physically fit due to Manual Handling
- Tolerate moderate to loud level of noise in work environment
- Physical abilities (e.g. lifting and carrying freight, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing and walking and identifying objects)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired)
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead screener
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- The ability to listen and respond to customer needs, make decisions and respond calmly and quickly to any given situation
- Competent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours, work activities
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and be calm under pressure
You will just need to complete the following application form and one of our Recruiters will be in touch to discuss the next steps. Our recruitment and selection process is currently being conducted remotely, this will include a video interview and screening to Aviation standards.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don't worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: