Regional Training Officer | Cash Solutions South Africa | Cape townLocation: Johannesburg | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 3 May 2021 | Closes: 11 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: Regional Training Officer Cape Town
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Regional Training Officer
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Regional Training Officer, based at our operations in Cape Town.
Reporting to Head of Business Transformation, this role is responsible for the implementation and management all training and development technical and behavioural training solutions for operations in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements to meet business and customer needs
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which operational training plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Execution of training and assessments
- Facilitate and provide support of identified learning interventions
- Number of learners that complete the required training programmes
- Learner achievements recorded and input provided to training system and report
- Implement and monitor learner rating system.
- Liaise with management around learners performance
- Customer requirements met in specific training interventions at regional centres/branches
- Plan and schedule learning interventions both technical and behavioural to meet region needs with focus on core skills identified
Training provider accreditation maintained
- Compliance to SASSETA/ THETA requirements
- Training provider accreditation status maintained
- Learner achievement reports maintained
- Assessment and moderation reports submitted
- Skills programmes certified
- Submit annual audits as per SETA/PSIRA requirements
- Implement actions to ensure accreditation of the Training Centres
Maintain proper record keeping/Admin
- Ensure that expense mandates follow audit procedures
- Ensure an effective Training Administrative Service
- Assess competency against learning outcomes of operational employees and provide proof of assessments
- Submission of weekly training reports
Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions.
- As regards any duty or requirement imposed on his employer or any other person by the OHSACT 85, 1993, co-operate with such employer or person to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
- Carry out any lawful order given to him/her, and obey the health and safety rules and procedures laid down by his employer or by anyone authorized thereto by his employer, in the interest of health and safety.
- If any situation which is unsafe or unhealthy comes to his attention, as soon as practicable report such situation to his employer or to the health and safety representative for his workplace or section thereof, as the case may be, who shall report it to the employer, and
- If he is involved in any incident which may affect his health or which has caused an injury to himself/herself, report such incident to this employer or to anyone authorized thereto by the employer, or to his health and safety representative, as soon as practicable but not later than the end of the particular shift during which the incident occurred, unless the circumstances were such that the reporting of the incident was not possible, in which case he shall report the incident as soon as practicable thereafter.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3 Years working experience in Psira/Sasseta training environment
- 3 years relevant operational experience (CIT/Armed Response/Security would be highly recommended)
- Sound understanding of relevant statistical information and the reporting thereof
- Previous experience in the planning, facilitation monitor and control of technical and behavioural learning interventions
- Preference code EC (10) Valid driver’s License
- Valid Firearm Competency Certificate
- PSIRA Instructor Grade A essential
- Firearm Instructor and Range Officer essential
- A good understanding of relevant national qualifications and unit standards will be beneficial, but not essential
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of curriculum and learning programme design
- Knowledge of the PSIRA and SETA training regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of Skills Development, EE , LRA and SAQA legislation
- Knowledge of training facilitation, evaluation and moderation
- Strong Communication (written and verbal)
- Delivering objectives
- MS Office skills
- Facilitation experience
- Current knowledge of best practice for training in a Security Environment
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Coaching Skills
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Sharing and Co-operating
- Operate independently
- Planning and Organising
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Evening Cleaning Operative
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Apply now Cleaner - Mountbatten House
Location: LU6 3HD, Luton
Apply now Housekeeping Operative - Hinkley Point C
Apply now Hard FM Manager
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Apply now Electrician
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire