Regional Service Delivery Manager (Comox Valley Airport) Comox, BC Competitive
Regional Service Delivery Manager (Comox Valley Airport)Location: Comox, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 12 Apr 2019 | Closes: 12 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4748882/152565
Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to the Regional Manager, this position has full responsibility for screening operations within Comox Valley Airport and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses, and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies. Leading a team of Screening Officers, this position is accountable for promoting a workplace culture defined by our values: Integrity and Respect, Safety, Security and Service Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Actively engages in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff as required
- Builds and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area
- Achieves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on a daily basis
- Manages Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force
- Assigns staff to screening positions, monitors breaks and training hours to ensure service delivery levels are met; coordinates with other screening points to organize efficient staff deployment, accommodates language requirements.
- Ensures proper time and attendance tracking in various programs.
- Compiles shift reports for the screening area under their supervision
- Assists Screening Officers in dealing with potential complaints, security incidents, etc
- Conducts thorough investigations with the guidance of the LR Advisor and other management staff
- Administers and participates in progressive discipline
- Assists with administrative tasks that support the operation such as, but not limited to: scheduling, payroll, and recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Experience and Skills
- College or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years work-related experience in a similar managerial role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Must be proficient in office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
- Places organizational success above individual gain
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions, provides screening services in Vancouver International Airport and 20 other airports throughout BC and Yukon Territory in partnership with CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Jobs that might be of interest:Regional Service Delivery Manager - Nanaimo
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Apply now Regional Service Delivery Manager - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Regional Manager, South Pacific
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington
Apply now Regional Service Delivery Manager (Kelowna International Airport)
Location: Kelowna, BC