Regional Service Delivery Manager - Comox Valley Airport Comox, BC Competitive
Regional Service Delivery Manager - Comox Valley AirportLocation: Comox, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Feb 2019 | Closes: 6 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4155441/144365
Service Delivery Manager
Reporting to the Regional Manager, this position has full responsibility for screening operations within a certain area and for the delivery of all operational KPIs within the area of oversight while identifying operational strengths and weaknesses, and improving service delivery and operational efficiencies.
In addition to checkpoint management, this position also supports the operations in areas such as recruitment and selection, payroll, scheduling, uniforms, procurement and inventory. Leading a team of Screening Officers, this position is accountable for promoting a workplace culture defined by our values: Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Actively engages in managing the screening checkpoint by monitoring queue length, service levels, reporting on changing needs and seeking additional staff as required.
- Builds and maintains a strong customer relationship with assigned business area.
- Achieves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on a daily basis.
- Manages Screening Officers by acting as a coach and mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force;
- Conducts regular performance reviews and makes recommendations for employee recognition program.
- Assigns staff to screening positions, monitors breaks and training hours to ensure service delivery levels are met; coordinates with other screening points to organize efficient staff deployment, accommodates language requirements.
- Manages scheduling of screeners based on scheduled flights or TWH.
- Collaborates with the Union and CATSA when creating work schedules.
- Ensures proper time and attendance tracking; enters and reconciles hours in Rostima and SITT.
- Authorizes overtime when needed.
- Compiles shift reports for the screening area under their management.
- Issues corrective action and discipline as required up to and including termination
- Conducts workplace investigations; acts as management representative in disciplinary and grievance proceedings.
- Assists Screening Officers in dealing with potential complaints, security incidents, etc.
- Manages the recruitment and selection of screening officers for the site – shortlists candidates, conducts phone and in-person interviews and skills testing; makes hiring decisions; oversees onboarding and training of successful candidates.
- Performs other administrative tasks that support the operation such as, but not limited to: uniform ordering and distribution, records and file management, ordering CATSA consumables for the site, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary education or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar managerial role, preferably in the Aviation Security Industry in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions
- Experience in the management of personnel in a unionized environment
- Ability to work effectively with large employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports
- Must be proficient in office software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Willingness to work irregular hours / shift work / attend to incidents after hours
- Strong communication, leadership, client service and persuasive skills
- Places organizational success above individual gain
- Must be eligible to acquire and maintain the appropriate level of Federal and Transport Canada security clearance.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now General Manager - BAT
Location: Head Office
Apply now General Manager - Cape Town G4S Secure Solutions
Location: Cape Town
Apply now Senior Vice President of Operations
Apply now Security Site Supervisor
Location: Central London, United Kingdom