Regional Sales Manager - Cash Solutions Gauteng Market related
Regional Sales Manager - Cash SolutionsLocation: Gauteng | Salary: Market related | Posted: 16 Nov 2021 | Closes: 30 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/Cash/Reg/Sales
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Regional Sales Manager based at our operations in Gauteng
Reporting to the Operations Director the successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Regional Sales Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective Staff Management
- Provide assistance to Account Executives on managerial and sales matters as needed
- Manage and maintain region’s customer records
- Review individual sales performance on a monthly basis including call plans, pipeline and sales
- Prepare corrective action plans and deadlines and ensure that targets are met.
- Provide training and guidance of Account Executives and sales administrative staff.
- Interview and appoint appropriate personnel.
- Ensure all team members have clearly defined job profiles and KPI’s objectives aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train) and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Complete development plans for each employee
- Allocate resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in the region are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
Provide oversight and assistance in the direct sales functions in support of AEs
- Visit customers or prospective customers together with the Account
- Executives where applicable
- Measure the quality of the customer/company relationship through appropriate measurements
- Participate in negotiation processes
- Prepare and/or approve quotations and tenders
- Develop and manage a customer retention strategy
- Manage the processes necessary to limit off-business
Competent Administration of sales team
- Monitor and audit customer files for accuracy and currency of the sales branches.
- Manage and monitor the monthly reporting function on both Salesforce and submitted reports
- Check the accuracy of the figures as presented against the relevant Sales and Contract Management reports on the SAP system with particular reference to the Contract product report.
- Compile relevant commentary from information collated and reported from Account Executives and such other sources as may arise from time to time.
- Administer and manage the commission claims from the Account Executives against invoiced sales and Salesforce
- Review commission queries that arise within the area of control and take a settlement decision by way of appropriate and reasonable interpretation of the commission rules and circumstances.
- Submit recommendations to the Sales Director in respect of resolutions to commission queries that arise between Account Executives and Corporate accounts by way of appropriate and reasonable interpretation of the commission rules and circumstances.
- Conduct investigations when required into acts or omissions in respect of commission policy or procedure.
Manage a structured and effective client retention strategy
- Develop and maintain plan for effective continuous contact with current customers.
- Address queries from customers
- Facilitate the provision of an effective service to customers, to meet requirements and service satisfaction,
- Plan to visit customers on an adhoc basis to discuss and offer new product lines and services and part of a retention strategy
- Act timeously in response to issues that threaten off-business
- Ensure that all service delivery agreements with customers are documented and properly communicated to operations.
- Ensure that properly motivated renewal justifications where required are done and discussed with customers where necessary.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Sales/Marketing Diploma or 4 years’ sales experience
- FICA accredited
4 years’ sales experience
Skills and Attributes
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability
- Customer Thinking
- MS Office
- Managing crisis situations
- Lateral thinking
- Problem solving
- Delivering strategy
- Relationship Building
- Awareness of Market Environment
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employ more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Business Development Manager - Secure - Mining - Gauteng
Apply now Sales Sector Specialist - Secure - Logistics
Apply now Marketing Coordinator
Location: Anywhere in the USA
Apply now Sales Executive - East London - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: East London