Regional Operations Manager: Cash Processing (Durban) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Durban Market Related
Regional Operations Manager: Cash Processing (Durban) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Durban | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 18 Feb 2019 | Closes: 15 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/126937
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Regional Operations Manager: Cash Processing
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Regional Operations Manager: Cash Processing based at our operations in Durban.
Reporting to the Operations Director for Cash Processing, the Regional Operations Manager's purpose is to effectively manage and oversee Cash Processing activities and operations within the organisation. The Regional Operations Manager will focus on adherence to controls, growth of the business and optimization of processes.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Effective management of Cash Processing operations at branch and regional level
- Liaise with Branch Manager and Regional Operations Directors on implementation of standardized cash processes
- Build relationship with Branch Managers and RODs around cash processing
- Ensure effective management of reconciliations and the investigation of frauds and losses
- Plan and co-ordinate all infrastructure requirements
- Co-ordinate efforts of different areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and maximum value for money.
- Agree and meet performance targets
- Provide feedback to Operations Director on progress and performance
- Manage SLAs and cash processing timeframes.
Implementation of cash processing strategy, controls and improvements
- Liaise with relevant internal departments around improvement and development of cash processing devices
- Implement strategy on stakeholder engagement and management for critical suppliers
- Implementation of effective and standardized cash processes and systems
- Oversee maintenance of critical systems and equipment
- Review, regulate and manage work flow, volumes and manage the capacity to meet turnaround times.
Effective management of the financial performance of cash processing function
- Manage and support operational expenditure and CAPEX budget in line with strategy and financial controls
- Develop, implement and manage cost saving initiatives
- Evaluate the profitability of new products and services
- Review pricing and cost models for vendors
- Review and manage overall profitability of cash centers and processes
Staff management and development
- All team members have clearly defined job profile s aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply poor performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train) and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Ensure completed development plans for each employee
- Allocation resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in team are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification essential, B.Com (or equivalent) qualification recommended
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a management position
- Working knowledge of the Cash / Cash processing environment essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literacy on all MS Office Packages
- This role will require extensive travelling within South Africa
- Awareness of the market environment
- Driving change
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and co-operating
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Acting professionally
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Branch Security Officer (Mthatha) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Courier
Apply now Secure Driver
Apply now Driver - Bloxwich
Apply now Driver- Leicester