Regional Manager - Victoria International Airport Sidney, BC Competitive
Regional Manager - Victoria International AirportLocation: Sidney, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 17 Sep 2021 | Closes: 17 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/217724
Regional Manager - Victoria International Airport
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Pacific Region, the Regional Manager is responsible for implementing the strategic and operational plans for Victoria International Airport. The Regional Manager will provide overall leadership and demonstrate sound business and personnel management practices to support and maintain internal and external client and stakeholder relations. This position is also responsible for overseeing the staff, for direct supervision of Service Delivery Managers and for promoting a workplace culture defined by our values: Integrity and Respect; Safety, Security, and Service Excellence; Innovation and Teamwork.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day service delivery to CATSA and its clients – airlines, the airports and the travelling public, through effective delegation, monitoring and intervention.
- Represent G4S and be the first point of contact for CATSA’s operational management team during operational hours.
- Manage and administer operation expenditures effectively.
- Provide leadership and support to the Service Delivery Managers, in areas including recruitment, training, performance management. Manage time and attendance tracking in SITT and Rostima. Coordinate logistics for short-term and emergency coverage.
- Achieve KPIs and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP), and adherence to Company policies, objectives, and goals. Maintain established training standards. Complete and distribute daily briefings and reports.
- Establish and maintain positive, respectful, and productive working relationships with Union representatives.
- Maintain proper operational coverage through scheduling, logistics and shift bids in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Identify operational strengths and weaknesses and take action to improve service delivery. Ensure that all client and staff complaints, problems and requests are effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with the Director of Operations on regional project development, completion and implementation.
- Collaborate with Regional Management Team to ensure best practice.
- Provide a working environment that promotes safety, customer service, teamwork and collaboration, integrity, productivity, and continuous improvement.
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, experience and skills
- College or University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven to ten years work-related experience in a management role, preferably in the Aviation Security industry in a unionized environment. Experience in an operations and customer-focused environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant security, employment, occupational health and safety legislation.
- Strong operational focus, strategic planning skills, and business acumen in order to deliver and/or implement regional business plans.
- Proven track record of leading change with a strong drive for results; thrives under pressure and thinks of creative solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate staff and also implement performance management and discipline with direct reports.
- Proficient in MS Office with ability and willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Understanding of rotational shifts and site schedules.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and attend to serious operation incidents after hours.
- Strong communication, client service and consulting skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, presentation and persuasive skills.
- Proven ability to build influence with a range of stakeholders.
- Places organizational success above individual gain.
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance.
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Operations Manager
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Kelowna International Airport
Location: Kelowna, BC