Regional Manager, South Pacific Abbotsford, BC Competitive
Regional Manager, South PacificLocation: Abbotsford, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 12 Jul 2021 | Closes: 14 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/214241
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Interior & Yukon, the Regional Manager, South Pacific is responsible for implementing the strategic and operational plans for the Abbotsford, Castlegar, Kamloops, Cranbrook, and Penticton airports. This position provides overall leadership and demonstrates sound business and personnel management practices to support and maintain internal and external client and stakeholder relations. This position is also responsible for overseeing the staff, for direct supervision of Service Delivery Managers and for fostering a positive work environment that aligns with the G4S Aviation core values – Integrity, Service Excellence, and Teamwork.
Major Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Ensures the efficient day-to-day service delivery to CATSA and its clients – airlines, the airports and the travelling public, through effective delegation, monitoring and intervention.
- Acts as the first point of contact for CATSA’s operational management during operational hours.
- Provides leadership and support to the Service Delivery Managers.
- Achieving KPIs and assuring compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Ensures that programs are followed to ensure adherence to policies, objectives and goals.
- Ensures that established training standards are maintained.
- Ensures completion and communication of daily briefings and reports.
- Inspires in staff the desire to be motivated, innovative, and to be the best in the business.
- Builds and maintains positive and respectful Union relationships with both the IAM and USW.
- Responsible for adherence of CBAs, and ensures proper operational coverage through scheduling, logistics and shift bids.
- Identifies operational strengths and weaknesses and acts in order to improve service delivery.
- Ensures that operation expenditures are effectively managed and administered.
- Works with the Director of Operations on regional project development, completion and implementation.
- Ensures proper time and attendance tracking in SITT and TimeGate
- Coordinates logistics for all short-term and emergency coverage.
- Ensures that all client and staff complaints, problems and requests are speedily and effectively resolved.
- Works in collaboration with the Regional Management Team to ensure best practice.
- Other duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, experience and skills
- College or University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven to ten years work-related experience in a management role, preferably in the Aviation Security industry in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation.
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions.
- A solid track record of leading change with a strong drive for results.
- Ability to work effectively with employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports.
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, pay/invoicing.
- Understanding of rotational shifts and site schedules.
- Willingness to work irregular hours / attend to serious operations incidents after hours.
- Strong communication, client service and consulting skills.
- Strong leadership, presentation and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build influence with a range of stakeholders.
- Places organizational success above individual gain.
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance.
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Williams Lake Regional Airport
Location: Williams Lake, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Regional Manager - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Victoria International Airport
Location: Sidney, BC