Regional Manager, South Pacific Abbotsford, BC Competitive
Regional Manager, South PacificLocation: Abbotsford, BC | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 2 Jan 2019 | Closes: 16 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/139625
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Interior & Yukon, the Regional Manager is responsible for implementing the strategic and operational plans for the Abbotsford, Castlegar, Kamloops, Cranbrook, and Penticton airports. The Regional Manager will provide overall leadership and demonstrate sound business and personnel management practices to support and maintain internal and external client and stakeholder relations. This position is also responsible for overseeing the staff, for direct supervision of Service Delivery Managers and for fostering a positive work environment that aligns with the G4S Aviation core values – Integrity, Service Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Acts as the first point of contact for CATSA’s operational management during operational hours.
- Ensures the efficient day-to-day operation of the Airport through effective delegation, monitoring and intervention.
- Provides leadership and support to the Service Delivery Managers.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Union relationships with both the IAM and USW.
- Identifies operational strengths and weaknesses and acts in order to improve service delivery.
- Ensures that operation expenditures are effectively managed and administered.
- Provides leadership and innovative ideas and inspires in staff the desire to be motivated, innovative, and to be the best in the business.
- Achieving KPIs and assuring compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Prepares daily briefings and reports.
- Works with the Director of Operations on regional project development, completion and implementation.
- Ensures that programs are followed to ensure adherence to policies, objectives and goals.
- Ensures that established training standards are maintained.
- Acts as a coach, mentor in order to create and maintain an engaged, motivated work force.
- Ensures training, development and encourages career progression.
- Promote ethical behavior by the organization and all staff. Ensure, promote and monitor adherence to business ethics and conduct policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for scheduling, logistics and shift bids.
- Ensures proper time and attendance tracking in SITT and TimeGate
- Coordinates logistics for all short-term and emergency coverage.
- Ensures that all client and staff complaints, problems and requests are speedily and effectively resolved.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, experience and skills
- College or University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven to ten years work-related experience in a management role, preferably in the Aviation Security industry in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation.
- Strong operational focus with the ability to act under pressure and provide creative solutions.
- A solid track record of leading change with a strong drive for results.
- Ability to work effectively with employee groups and build partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement performance management / discipline with direct reports.
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, pay/invoicing.
- Understanding of rotational shifts and site schedules.
- Willingness to work irregular hours / attend to serious operations incidents after hours.
- Strong communication, client service and consulting skills.
- Strong leadership, presentation and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build influence with a range of stakeholders.
- Places organizational success above individual gain.
- Able to attain and maintain the appropriate level of Transport Canada and Federal security clearances
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Jobs that might be of interest:Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Area Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Apply now Regional Service Delivery Manager (Victoria International Airport)
Location: Sidney, BC
Apply now Project Superintendent
Location: Renton, Washington
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland