Regional Account Manager Sterling, VA Competitive plus Great Benefits
Regional Account ManagerLocation: Sterling, VA | Salary: Competitive plus Great Benefits | Posted: 22 Jan 2019 | Closes: 15 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Regional Account Manager. As a Regional Account Manager, you will be responsible for the physical security services for a strategic client. This position ensures quality customer relations as G4S' regional liaison, partnering with the client's management staff and the client's Security Director. The Regional Account Manager will ensure contract compliance, and reinforce each site's security procedures to drive operational accountability and excellence.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure G4S operations supporting the client are performed in accordance with all contract requirements; initiate corrective action in a timely manner when necessary; respond to customer complaints that cannot be satisfactorily resolved at the local level; ensure proper follow-up until resolution
- Collect data related to administrative and/ or operational processes; build and facilitate teamwork and partnerships; and implement progressive change.
- Provide advice and counsel to G4S operation staff on operational and administrative matters and procedures as required, with a view towards standardizing processes where possible.
- Perform security threat assessments of client facilities using authorized assessment tools, when requested.
- Ensure account administration and tactical effectiveness metrics are operating at optimum levels
- Meet regularly with client regional management to review account status and prepare meeting agendas and notes; assist in evaluation of regional security needs and determine feasibility of delivery requested; address actual and potential problems; provide support during new transitions and start-ups
- Responsible for the development of recommendations that enhance security operations to include staffing, equipment, scheduling, training, integration of electronics, security systems, etc.
- Encourage productivity improvements and ongoing cost savings within the region and provides details regarding gains to the Security Director and G4S management on a regular basis
- Ensure that G4S operations staff members submit invoices as prescribed and ensure payments are made in full and timely
- Provide regional account management and oversight for the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; provides performance feedback
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels in collaboration with local management; ensure scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Leadership experience in a military, law enforcement and/or corporate security setting with demonstrated ability to deliver efficiencies to a large client
- Work history must include demonstration of each of the following:
- Ability to organize and manage the process required to maintain compliance for licensing, training and contract compliance
- Experience evaluating and motivating a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage employees in multiple locations
- A minimum of one (1) year of verifiable security experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of verifiable prior supervisory/ contract management experience
- Prior experience in training and developing personnel at the site/project level
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Scheduling Manager
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Apply now Security Site Supervisor
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Apply now Manager, Business Development
Location: Washington, DC
Apply now Bank Supervisor
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Apply now Security - Upscale Officer
Location: Ashburn, Virginia