Regimes and Employability Coordinator BRIDGEND £21,300 - £21,670.43
Regimes and Employability CoordinatorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £21,300 - £21,670.43 | Posted: 18 Sep 2019 | Closes: 9 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8096
Regimes and Employability Coordinator
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary range £21,300 - £21,670.43 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week with flexible start and finish times but predominantly 8am-4pm)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Regimes & Employability Coordinator to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate wlll be required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Regimes function at HMP Parc by coordinating a range of tasks and providing administrative support to the Senior Management Team. To support the delivery of Employability pathways, to undertake the allocation and assessment of activities, and to provide administrative support to the SMT in related matters.
- Provide general administrative support to the Regimes Management Team tasked with delivering activities and employment services across the establishment.
- Ensure that a detailed record is kept of all employability services, outcomes, and performance data.
- Pepare detailed reports as and when required.
- Maintain communication with external agencies and service providers presenting information in a professional manner.
- Respond to prisoner queries via internal systems.
- Ensure that outcomes are communicated and success is marketed across the prison.
- Assist in the organisation of promotional events.
- Ensure, by supporting managers, that all staff are aware of employability services provided across the prison through regular communication.
- Represent the team at meetings taking precise and contemporaneous notes.
- Provide other administrative support where required.
- Provide backfill cover to the Regimes Allocation Unit by assessing, allocating , and updating prisoner activities.
- Input activity attendance information
- Input Regime Hours for the department (including Library and Chaplaincy) weekly
- Respond to prisoner’s pay queries
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initative.
- Good typing/word processing skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Previous knowledge of education and/or the custodical environment
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy