Recruitment Officer BRIDGEND £15,000
Recruitment OfficerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £15,000 | Posted: 10 Sep 2019 | Closes: 24 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8072
Recruitment Officer (Maternity Cover)
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £15,000 per annum
Part-Time (24 hours per week over 3 days)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Part-Time Recruitment Officer to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent organisational and planning skills to join our team. They must have experience of working in generalist recruitment together with strong interpersonal skills and be IT literate.
- Plan, recruit and select front line and administrative staff and junior management to meet the business unit requirements including the organisation of assessment days.
- Build relationships with SMT to coordinate their recruitment needs including arranging interviews
- Provide accurate data and support in the provision of management information, in order to inform line management of workforce planning, in accordance with company requirements.
- To manage the full administration of new starters including contracts and on boarding including change of contracts for internal staff
- Working closely with the Central HR team and onsite Learning & Development team
- Arrange medicals for all new starters
- Coordinate exit interviews
- Management of refer a friend
- Present to all new starters HR induction
- Manage all external applicants including general queries
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the HR departmental team are met.
- Create and maintain HR records, both computerised and manual for all staff related issues so that accurate information is organised and retained
- Working closely with the Vetting Officer to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Deal with all routine queries to ensure an appropriate response is provided.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment. (As required by secure establishments).
- Support the HR Advisor and HRBP with ad-hoc projects as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Basic generalist Recruitment experience
- IT literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Partly qualified professional
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.