Reconciliations Administrator (Welkom) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Welkom Market related
Reconciliations Administrator (Welkom) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Welkom | Salary: Market related | Posted: 16 Apr 2019 | Closes: 21 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/152789
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Reconciliations Administrator based in Welkom.
Reporting to the National Cash Compliance Manager, the Reconciliations Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the reconciliations and auditing process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
The accurate and timeous administration of the accounting and reconciliation process in the CPC in line with company policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
Accurate, timely completion and submission of designated CPC reconciliation activities
- Ensure that CPC employees adhere to reconciliation controls and procedures and report on non-adherence
- Responsible to collate information from different source documents in order to complete timely and accurate reconciliation for each fund movement
- Responsible to engage with the providers of the documentation (Cash Processing Centre management) to ensure that the data is relevant, up to date, accurate and complete and provided in a timely manner
- Responsible to provide Customer Reporting
- Proactively communicate with internal staff and customers in order to resolve discrepancies within a set timeline
- Responsible to escalate issues to Branch Manager when not resolved timeously
- Reconcile between claims received and actual discrepancies
- Responsible for carrying out discrepancy trending to identify trends
- Responsible for reporting of processing backlogs as prescribed by relevant procedures
- Responsible to perform monthly ATM Snap checks
- Review current reconciliation process on a regular basis
- Responsible to ensure that all reconciliation documentation is managed in line with Records Management Controls
- Special projects as will be communicated from time to time
Resolution of queries and provision of support on outstanding reconciliation matters
- Assist Reconciliation Departments at Head Office with cash processing recons and resolving queries
- Assist with daily operational / finance admin issues / queries pertaining to cash processing and related activities
- Provide ad hoc support on customer queries, where resolution has not occurred at branch level
- Escalate queries to senior management for resolution
Compilation of reconciliation reports as per current reporting requirements
- Ensure adherence to controls regarding cash counts
- Submission of cash count reports to Head Office
- Escalation of non-adherence of procedures
- Any other Group/Africa or ad-hoc reports as requested
- Assist with year-end audit in provision of supporting documentation and information
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Diploma or Financial Qualification
- 3-5 Years relevant working experience in reconciliations, would be deemed appropriate for this level position
- Previous Cash Management Centre experience would be highly beneficial
- Computer Literacy in MS Office Packages essential, with specific reference to intermediate Excel
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles essential
- Strong administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com