Radio Controller (Temporary) Pretoria - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Pretoria Market Related
Radio Controller (Temporary) Pretoria - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Pretoria | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 29 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Radio Controller based at our operations in Pretoria .
Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, this role is responsible to ensure that all clients are picked up and banked on time and that all trucks run safe back to the base..
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
- Maintains radio and telephonic communication with vehicle crews so that their whereabouts and actions are known at all times
- Uses and ensures that the crew use codes in all radio transmissions
- Ensures that emergency procedures are known to the vehicle crew and that the correct procedures are adhered to
- Maintains and records a precise and accurate daily log sheet of all vehicles and 3rd persons movements, this includes “blind radio spot’ notations, no service receipt number, standby situations, operations reminders, failure to meet agreed schedules and non-scheduled work
- Phones clients to confirm that a ‘no service’ was required when such is given to crew
- Brief new road crew on specific details of their schedules to ensure maximum efficiency, courtesy and safe driving
- Keeps at hand, all emergency telephone numbers within the branches jurisdiction
- Keeps maps covering the branch’s operations to facilitate scheduled planning, re-routing and any other general information
- Completes client complaint register to resolve every complaint received and submit to the manager
- Acts upon managers instructions to avoid recurring bad service
- Update code book to record new client or service terminated
- Prepares box pre-lists accurately and records those boxed due in the box room and submits such to box room controller
- Advises box room controller of all changes to boxes in and out as they become know to control. Informs controller of alterations, or omissions from counting house box prelist
- Liaises with counting house supervisor to establish their operating requirements and priorities
- Adheres to all operational directives with regards to client service
- Ensures that all clients are service contractually
- Maintains liaison to facilitate any emergency planning or action in the event
- Consults manager during the day concerning accidents, or incidents to ensure schedule adjustments and completion with minimum disruptions of client and company
- Carries out other duties as may be required or directed by management
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in CIT operations is preferable
- Matric Certificate/Grade 12
- PSIRA Grade A
- CIT Competency
- Previous Control Room experience will be an advantage
- No ITC listings
- A valid code 10 drivers licence with PDP is an advantage
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management and its requirements
- Be able to work under pressure
- Must be Computer literate
- Computer literate MS Office
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:ATM Auditor (Temporary) Pretoria - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now General Manager - Fleet (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Cash Centre Teller (Temporary) Pretoria - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Secure Day Driver - Maidstone
Apply now Secure Driver - Park Royal
Location: Park Royal