Raceday Safety Stewards - Carlisle Carlisle, United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Raceday Safety Stewards - CarlisleLocation: Carlisle, United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 4 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8889
Carlisle is a key location for G4S Events - from horse racing to corporate conferences you could be part of it all!
Join G4S as an Race-day Safety Steward to play your part in making some of the world's most exciting events an experience for everyone. You will be part of a team ensuring that some of the UK and the world's biggest events run in a safe, secure way, ensuring that everyone has a first class experience. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events in the UK.
Our Race-day Safety Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. You will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors.
This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Pay rate - £10.42 per hour (minimum)
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
You will be employed on a casual basis meaning you can work as many events as you like and make extra income at weekends or in the evenings.
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a face to face interview, once the application has been submitted a member of our team will be in touch to get this arranged for you.
Jobs that might be of interest: