Quality and Performance Manager Wellingborough £38,000
Quality and Performance ManagerLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £38,000 | Posted: 16 Sep 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10508
QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE MANAGER
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£38,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a gold standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are now looking a Quality and Performance Manager to join the Compliance Team at HMP Five Wells. Reporting to the Head of Audit, Quality and Compliance you will be responsible for overseeing the monthly and quarterly reporting of statistics to HMPPS and HMP Five Wells Senior Management Team.
With line management responsibility for the Internal Auditors and Information Assurance Manager this role will ensure that audits and assurance checks are completed in line with the Audit and Assurance Schedule and with integrity. In addition you will have full oversight of the Prison’s Compliance Matrix and support the implementation and ongoing accreditation of ISO27001.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work individually using their own initiative or as part of a team. Working in a fast paced environment, you will provide professional advice, guidance and support to operational and line management to meet business stream objectives in line with legislation and best practice.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- In consultation with the Head of Audit, Quality and Compliance, develop the Self-Audit programme (based on a local risk assessment of standards).
- Management oversight of the Audit Team and oversight and management of the delivery of thematic auditing to maintain excellent practice and highlighting areas of deficiency to relevant Senior Managers.
- Oversee the quality assurance on all aspects of the self-audit process.
- Development, implementation, management and oversight of the Prison’s Compliance Matrix.
- Utilise Crystal to support the development of the Prison and assist in predicting future HMIP outcomes.
- Close liaison and working relationships with departmental Senior Managers, in order to obtain monthly CDIs, KPI & KPT information.
- Analyse and present data to identify patterns and trends of behaviour, occurrence and identify areas of risk in line with contractual requirements.
- Monitor and collate the required performance returns to ensure accuracy on a monthly basis and ensure required information is submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide analysis of management information to identify patterns and trends and thereby support a culture of continual improvement.
- Manage the administration of data collection on a daily and monthly basis, with the ability to thoroughly read reports and withdraw information from these, including incidents of violence, self-harm, separation and assaults.
- Ensure that all submissions are made to relevant stakeholders and contain accurate information.
- Support staff in their understanding of the contract and the execution of their duties in compliance with the requirements of that contract.
- Manage and meet strict deadlines, to deliver data and reports
- Ability to confidently and independently use Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides & Google Mail.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to maintain appropriate best practice standards and relevant external accreditation.
The Ideal Candidate:
The role requires an individual with a keen eye for detail for written and statistical data, with great timekeeping skills and the ability to keep to strict, non-negotiable deadlines. You will collate, analyse, evaluate and present information to the management team to ensure that the Prison remains contractually compliant.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be an engaging individual with a good sense of humour, who shares our ethics and values and is eager to support. A proven professional with professionalism and integrity, you will play an integral part to the Prisons success.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Internal Auditor
Apply now Family Interventions Worker
Apply now Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *Full and Part Time Roles*