Purchasing Coordinator Torrance, California Competitive
Purchasing CoordinatorLocation: Torrance, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 Jun 2019 | Closes: 31 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US – AMAG Technology | Region / Division: AMAG Technology | Reference: CA061319PC
AMAG Technology is seeking a highly motivated Purchasing Coordinator to be responsible for handling the purchasing requirements and support for the company.
- Creating and reviewing purchase orders, contacting vendors to confirm pricing and availability, placing orders to meet customers’ schedules, and following up with suppliers on order status.
- Electronic Data Interchange between Torrance office and UK Factory
- Drop ship billing: Verify vendor invoices with purchase order and ensuring that they match up, receiving items into GP and billing the customer.
- Monitor outstanding purchase orders and lead time variances.
- Monitor Purchasing Email Queue.
- Data Entry and Posting of critical, time–sensitive warehouse transactions.
- Date Entry of Part number information for creation of customer software licenses as needed.
- Update order entry and purchasing systems with ship dates.
- Resolve discrepancies that have resulted in billing and credit problems.
- Work with management and peers to successfully resolve problems, provide information and answer questions about transactions posted.
- Providing customer service support with order confirmations, product availability, and tracking information.
- Respond to internal inquiries about order status, changes and/ or cancellations.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years' experience in a fast paced business to business environment in manufacturing or distribution setting.
- Experience with ERP systems, Great Plains is preferred.
- Experience in or familiar with, a Purchasing Dept. is preferred.
- Microsoft Office computer skills require.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the interrelation between customer service, purchasing and warehouse processes and functions.
- Excellent organizational techniques and a high level of comfort with managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven productive working relationship with customer, management and peers
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal directions.
- Adaptable and able to work within a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
About the Company:
AMAG Technology is part of G4S, the world’s largest security company. AMAG Technology, Inc's Symmetry Security Management Systems can be found in a wide spectrum of markets: government, commercial, education, transportation, healthcare, retail and banking.
AMAG Technology has been at the leading edge of access control technology for over 30 years. As AMAG Technology looks to the future, the next generation of products will bring the core aspects of security to the next step beyond integrated solutions – Symmetry™.
Why Work for AMAG?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Intern
Location: Torrance, California
Apply now Director of Sales
Location: United States of America
Apply now Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Torrance, California
Apply now Pre- Sales Manager
Apply now Senior Sales Engineer