Purchasing Clerk BRIDGEND £22,103.83
Purchasing ClerkLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £22,103.83 | Posted: 6 Apr 2020 | Closes: 20 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8749
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
£22,103.83 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Purchasing Clerk to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 convicted male adult prisoners and remand / convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to assist in the smooth and efficient ordering and expediting of purchase requisitions by providing sound administrative support and assistance in related issues
- Ordering and expediting Purchase Requisitions.
- To be in control of and responsible for a company Credit card.
- Assist accounts with price and payment queries.
- Process delivery notes.
- Monthly reports for Head of support services.
- Organise and facilitate weekly purchasing surgeries prison wide.
- Attend weekly wing rep meetings and focus groups.
- Liaise with external suppliers and monitor their performance.
- Liaise with internal departments on all aspects of the business.
- Monitor and challenge costs.
- Control, monitor and record details of the Pool/hire vehicles.
- Maintain purchasing records using IT and manual systems.
- Dealing with general daily queries and ensure the day to day needs of the business are met.
- Any other task as directed by Purchasing Supervisor / Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 GCSE’s
- Experience of working in a busy office / department
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organisational skills; a detail-oriented approach
- Reliability under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times
- Previous experience of working within a purchasing department
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Needs, Engagement and Wellbeing Caseworker
Apply now Family Support Worker - Maternity Cover 9 Months
Apply now Pharmacist
Apply now Senior Manager - Harm Reduction (Maternity Cover)
Apply now Nurse/ RGN