Project Superintendent Columbus, Ohio Competitive
Project SuperintendentLocation: Columbus, Ohio | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Mar 2019 | Closes: 30 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: OH030619PS
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an experienced Project Superintendent who organizes the project team, sets goals, and monitors performance throughout the project schedule; all in order to attain successful execution of all project requirements on time and under budget.
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the G4S organization and directs the execution of all aspects of project start-up, project implementation, progress reporting, and project completion and closeout.
- Fully understands all obligations under the terms of the Prime Contract and effectively brings to bear all available resources to meet these obligations. Experienced and adept at determining issues outside the scope of work that translate into a negotiated change order, if warranted.
- Manages the site superintendents who manage the daily site requirements including supervising contractors, documenting all field work conditions and issues, developing and maintaining work schedules, updating the project schedule, supporting customer submittals performing QA/QC of all work efforts, and maintaining high safety awareness.
- Represents the company in subcontractor pre-bid, pre-construction and in-progress negotiations, and is the customer interface on any contract-related meetings or items and any initial job start-up issues.
- Conducts site surveys and threat assessments and generates associated reports, drawings, schedules and cost estimates.
- Serves as liaison between on-site personnel and engineering department for technical support and Engineering Change Proposals.
- Proficient at generating, tracking, and analyzing construction critical path schedules in order to proceed on the most efficient and cost-effective courses of action.
- Proficient in all trades working within the assigned project. Can recognize and correct inefficient or unsafe practices as they occur.
- Experienced in negotiation and mediation of disputes with the Owner, subcontractors, or team members. Familiar enough with the scope of authority to quickly escalate unsolved problems to higher authority for resolution should circumstances warrant.
- Versed and experienced in techniques for effective hiring/firing, team building, employee counseling/coaching, and rewards/discipline, as appropriate.
- Assesses and develops team members by recognizing skill set strengths and weaknesses and, as a response, provides opportunities for formal training and training from experience.
- Monitors and manages specific project budgets.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of supervisory field construction experience
- 2+ years of electronic security experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in construction management or engineering is desired
- Desirable work experience includes field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a drug screening and possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: