Project Manager Herndon, Virginia Competitive
Project ManagerLocation: Herndon, Virginia | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Jan 2021 | Closes: 30 Apr 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: VA010621PM
G4S is seeking a responsible Project Manager – Owner’s Representative to provide project management oversight for the assigned customers’ strategic initiatives and oversee that all aspects of the project management process are completed in accordance with the respective goals.
- Developing organizational programs & strategies for Program Management Office (PMO) changing workloads and needs.
- Managing project scopes and change control including escalations while monitoring project progress and performance.
- Developing, presenting and maintaining detailed project plans and charters.
- Developing and presenting a business plan to customer stakeholders as a project requires.
- Identifying project contributors and form project teams based on customer’s strategic goal of respective projects.
- Preparing for, conducting and guiding project collaborations.
- Managing customers project deliverables within the project plans.
- Recording collaboration minutes and managing action items to include escalating as required.
- Monitoring customers project progress and performance.
- Making informed project decisions as well as form decision teams when needed.
- Providing regular updates to customers Project and Senior Leadership as required.
- Ensuring that all activities on the project are conducted in such a way that protects assets, values, policies and procedures for the assigned company as well as those of G4S.
- Serves as the primary contact for the customer on issues related to assigned project(s).
- Providing project financial forecasts to customer as needed.
- Interpreting floorplans and schematics for standardization efforts.
- Performs in depth analytics to evaluate projects for lesson learned to be learned as the basis for new projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the customer and G4S management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a high-volume environment in the security industry or another related area.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Work experience that demonstrates working effectively across departments, and/or business units, and at all levels of the organization is an essential requirement.
- If not PMP certified, work experience that demonstrates project management knowledge and skills is critical.
- Must be able to pass drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport.
- Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM) is a bonus.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Knowledge of advanced Sharepoint or Salesforce admin configurations
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Sr. Project Manager
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Apply now Service Supervisor
Location: Duluth, Georgia
Apply now Program Manager for Subcontract Network
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Project Manager
Location: City of Industry, California
Apply now Project Manager
Location: Columbus, Ohio