Project Manager (Thames Barrier)Location: Central London, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to £55000 | Posted: 26 Aug 2021 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 21000270
At G4S we have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager at our Thames Barrier Site in London to Coordinate a fire alarm & installation Project.
You will be Managing on site personal both direct and sub contract and act as an onsite focal point for the direct client on site ensuring jobs are installed on time and margin is maintained or improved.
- Reviewing of project works for design, profitability and contractual terms
- Ensuring systems being installed comply with BS standards
- Recommending any system improvements/non-conformance of standards to customer and company.
- Producing and issuing of Method Statements and Risk Assessments for project works
- Scheduling of the direct and sub contract labour per project
- Coordinating delivery of project related equipment to sites
- Agreeing variation orders on site with Customer
- Issuing of O&M information
- Handover systems to Customer, Contractors or End Users
- Handover system to local service team
- Issuing of Commissioning Certificates for all systems installed
- Provide Engineering Sales Support
- Provide specific training course to the engineering team as directed by manager
- Assist with logistics post project acceptance
- Issue completed projects report to the service
- Provide progression reports on projects
- Attend on site contractual progress meetings
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of current BS standards relating to Fire Systems
- Contract and Commercial understanding especially within the construction industry
- Experience of fire alarm, fire suppression design and installation
- Qualifications in site Health & Safety such as SSSTS or SMSTS
- Fire Alarm Training Courses such as FIA, or any Fire Alarm Product knowledge
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organisation skills
G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location-based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities.
Jobs that might be of interest:Facilities Coordinator
Location: E2 7RG, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Facilities Coordinator
Location: E1 0QF, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Project Manager (Thames Barrier)
Location: Central London, United Kingdom
Apply now Regional Facilities Manager
Apply now Category Manager - Facilities Management
Location: Home/London based with travel to London, G4S sites and supplier sites needed when required.