Project Manager Fine Art UK Feltham Competitive
Project Manager Fine Art UKLocation: Feltham | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Nov 2019 | Closes: 6 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe | Reference: G4S/TP/4080552/174825
G4S International Logistics (G4Si) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. G4Si Fine Art provides bespoke logistics solutions for the world’s most renowned art and design institutions. Our international clientele includes museums, galleries, private collectors, auctioneers and art fair organizers. With our strategically located secure facilities in London, New York, Dubai and Hong Kong, as well as our highly skilled expert teams, we offer an unparalleled coverage of global fine art operations to address every unique logistical challenge within today’s rapidly globalizing art market.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our London Office.
JOB PURPOSE: Project Management, Warehouse Management and Client Management in London for the Fine Art sector
- Warehouse management and leading the technical teams in LON
- Warehouse & Inventory management on a daily basis including stock taking, labelling, condition check, receiving and releasing procedures
- Monthly billing and reporting, capacity analysis and administration
- Supervising the technical team on a daily basis and ensuring maintenance of all technical equipment, materials and tools
- Ensuring that all warehouse procedures are compliant with the relevant Health and Safety, Security and Operations Policies
- Working with the sales and operations teams to co-ordinate fine art logistics and customs procedures as well as projects
- Manage vendors & suppliers and extend our operational capabilities
- Identifying, implementing and training vendors according to international fine art standards (Art Handling, Carpentry, Logistics)
- Sourcing and stock-keeping of packing materials, tools and equipment to ensure availability in most economical way
- Maintain key relationships with landlords and external storage providers
- Manage special projects and fine art operations in London
- Planning and executing of fine art projects, shows and transports from A to Z
- Maintaining the operating system from quote to invoice
- Ensuring all G4Si fine art logistics operational procedures are up to date, documented and implemented
- Work with the Operations Manager to manage and control operational costs and meet margin requirements
- Generating new business in European region
- Working with the OPM Fine Art to extend G4Si's fine art capabilities and services throughout the region
- Ensure health and safety compliance in line with the G4Si Health & Safety policies and ensure all incidents are reported and investigated accordingly
Frequent travel within UK and abroad will be required for client meetings and/or operational audits.
The Ideal Candidate:
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Experienced Fine Art Operator with detailed understanding of Fine Art logistics – both operational and strategic
- Detailed operational knowledge of Fine Art shipping
- Experienced in running a Fine Art service – warehouse, art handling and client management
- Good communication skills
- Organised and able to implement new operational systems
- Ability to build and maintain good client relations
- Understanding of the local, regional and global fine art market
- Good network within the Fine Art transport market globally
- Competent administrative skills
- Competent computer user skills with MS Office applications.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Awareness of the market environment – the capacity to understand the market environment in which the organisation operates
- Delivering strategy – the capacity to deliver results as part of a broader business plan
- Delivering performance – The capacity to deliver performance through self and others
- Customer thinking – the capacity to think about the customer and their needs at all times
Jobs that might be of interest: