Project Manager: ESS Mpumalanga Market Related
Project Manager: ESSLocation: Mpumalanga | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 8 Jun 2021 | Closes: 8 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/7013524/212171
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company has an immediate vacancy for a Project Manager, based at our offices in Mpumalanga.
Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager, the Project Manager is directly responsible for management of project processes. This includes understanding project goals, deadlines, and financial boundaries so that resources can be allocated, scheduled and meet project deadlines.
The position requires experience within a security or services environment. The successful incumbent is a self starter with a proven track record in delivering on expectations, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing a comprehensive service to customers, relating to the installation, maintenance and upgrading of technology solutions.
- Ensure the project is integrated with the business and IT systems strategy and produce an agreed Project Definition prior to commencement
- Ensure the project is developed to agreed quality standards, and delivered within timescales, budget and agreed scope
- Deliver high quality solutions which fulfill business requirements and achieve the business case
- Produce project plans, establishing targets, resource requirements and budget
- Monitor progress against plans, taking action to ensure agreed targets are achieved, managing issues and changes
- Escalate appropriately
- Lead the project team, establishing targets resource requirements and budget
- Manage project risks including the development of contingency
- Set improvement targets and performance measures for the tea and individuals
- Manage and build on supplier relationships, ensuring value for money
- Establish close working relationships with business and IT colleagues to ensure project success
- Develop yourself and other people to improve personal and business performance
Ensuring Effective management of the project financial performance
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
Ensuring Effective management of the project delivery timelines & milestones
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Ensuring effective management of the project staff and sub-contractors
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
Effective project reporting
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and Technology Director in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with Technology Director on an ongoing basis
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other Technology Director
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- determine the frequency and content of status reports for the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Update and Analyze Stats on a predetermined basis
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting / committee / representative / management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 plus Project Management Diploma or equivalent qualification required
- Prince 2 / PMBOK training
- 3 - 5 years minimum experience of Analogue and IP based Surveillance systems
- Must have experience of Access Control and Time and Attendance systems
- Intermediate knowledge of CCTV Surveillance, Access Controls and Fire systems
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver ourcommercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values.G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest: