Project Management CoordinatorLocation: Etobicoke, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 May 2019 | Closes: 13 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/155771
Project Management Coordinator
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Reporting to the Direcotr of Project Planning and Implementation, this position will be responsible for working on the preparation of comprehensive project plans, coordinating tasks and schedules, updating and maintaining project documentation and administrative duties as required.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Create and maintain project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure projects adhere to organizational framework and maintain all pertinent documentation.
- Assign tasks to teams and assist with schedule management
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Assess project risks and issues and ensure they are captured, managed and escalated when necessary
- Manage and document project changes.
- Organize and chair team meetings. Document and follow up on actions and decisions from meetings.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate relevant project information and project status to the clients and project team
- Document the lessons learned and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
Key Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a Project Management Specialist or Project Management Coordinator
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Smart sheet) preferred
- PMP certification (or in process) is a plus
- Knowledge of Security Industry is a plus
- English / French bilingual is a plus
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Area Manager/Trainer - South Western Ontario Region
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Apply now Area Manager/Trainer - South Western Ontario Region
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Apply now Gerichtskontrolldienst (m/w)
Apply now G4S Employee Referrals - Court Security Officers - Melbourne Metropolitan and Regional Victoria
Apply now CAD/Data Support