Project/Installation Engineer Newbury, United Kingdom Up to £35,000
Project/Installation EngineerLocation: Newbury, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to £35,000 | Posted: 16 Sep 2019 | Closes: 23 Sep 2019 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 190001MU-internal
opportunity has arisen for a Project/Installation Engineer in our Fire and
Security Installation team. This is a Remote worker role covering a regional area
south of the M4 Corridor.
The Engineer will be required to support existing contracts and new installations for Fire and Security systems.
- To undertake the management of electronic security, fire safety and alarm systems installations.
- Undertake commissioning of systems when required.
- To verify the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the “pre-installation” stage.
- To develop and manage site specific method statements and risk assessments where necessary and ensure that Health and Safety requirements are upheld
- To be responsible for compliance with regard to technical auditing and to manage compliance with quality standards & regulations
- To liaise with customers and contractors at a local / site level.
- To supervise sub-contractors effectively.
- To ensure that systems are properly tested and commissioned and assist in the production of O&M documentation.
- To ensure that customers receive appropriate and adequate training and maximise customer satisfaction.
- To assist in maximising profits
- To be highly motivated and work on your own, with an excellent attention to detail
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Qualified electrical / electronics engineer / electrician.
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of fire and security systems including projects in excess of £100K.
- Intermediate IT skills including familiarity with MS Office and fire system related software.
- Experience of IP CCTV/Access Control/Intruder Alarm Systems
- Management of electrical contractors and company approved subcontractors.
- Experience in the installation of network-based security systems.
- Experience of the Gent by Honeywell, Vigilon and Vigilon Voice product ranges
- Knowledge of relevant British Standards for Installation and basic’ knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Middle management potential and ambitions.
- Practical and accustomed to managing projects to a budget
- Highly presentable and a team player with impeccable integrity and an excellent attendance record
- Willingness to work varying hours as necessary and travel nationally.
- Literate & numerate (GCSE /O Level or equivalent as a minimum).
- Current / valid driving licence.
- 5 years checkable work history
- Full valid UK Driving Licence
- Fluent written and spoken English
Jobs that might be of interest: