Project Engineer Willowbrook, Illinois Competitive
Project EngineerLocation: Willowbrook, Illinois | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 23 Apr 2020 | Closes: 31 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: IL042320PE
Adesta, a G4S company, is looking for a responsible Project Engineer to oversee and complete all engineering design and review. The candidate must understand the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the company as well as all aspects of engineering, permitting, construction, and final acceptance.
- Performs engineering of the route, network, and/or system.
- Completes all detailed engineering for projects including drawings, scopes of work, and specifications. Ensures that the engineering complies with the requirements of the prime contract.
- Supervises the CADD technicians within the CADD department at the location.
- Prioritizes the CADD Department’s workload and distributing work to the technicians.
- Prepares and submits of contract deliverables such as Task Orders , engineering drawings (new permit, engineering, construction and as-built drawings), final acceptance documentation, and turnover packages.
- Reviews system design and component compatibility to make recommendations that improve business results.
- Consults with clients, governing agencies, and others to provide project status, information necessary to obtain all required permits and rights-of-way in a timely fashion.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, etc. as directed by management.
- Serves as the main contact for receiving and clarifying engineering mark-ups from field personnel.
- Consults with local managers and engineers to implement CADD standards.
- Generates other standard prints such as fiber charts, splice diagrams, and detail drawings as necessary.
- Assures that all prints generated by CADD group conform to acceptable standards of quality, comply with company standards, and contract or customer requirements.
- Monitors the productivity and performs routine evaluations of the CADD technicians.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- BS degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the utility industry
- Past supervisory experience in a construction or operations background is helpful
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, the Windows environment, plotters, printers, scanner, and copiers
- Knowledge of GIS software is a definite plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company:
Adesta specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers the engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator; we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Why Work for Adesta?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: