Product Support EngineerLocation: Belfast, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 35000 | Posted: 4 May 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: T210000P6
G4S is a leading global security and outsourcing group, specialising in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. An exciting opportunity has now arisen and we are now seeking Technical Support Engineer to join our product support Team In Belfast. This role is a great opportunity for an individual with some form of IT degree with a good technical understanding and particular interest in CCTV and alarm systems. This role offers both remote and site based working on a fairly structured 24/7 shift rota, working 7-7 (example - 3 days on and 2 days off shift patterns.)
Main purpose of the role
You will be responsible for the remote commissioning of DWP sites in conjunction with the site based installation teams. You will Provide technical support and diagnostics to G4S Engineers and other G4S site based employees around the UK with a view to resolving as many system faults remotely as possible. You will provision the remote PPM activities on intruder alarm systems and collation of results onwards to the account management and admin functions.
- To provide system programming and commissioning services, in line with pre-planned roll out plans across Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm & Intercom on the sites that are hosted within the ARC in conjunction with the site based installation team acting on configuration information provided by the installation teams.
- To provide ‘go live’ support to the installation / commissioning teams to carry out all necessary acceptance testing in order to prove a system is fully operational and compliant with the agreed test plan.
- To provide timely and accurate remote telephone & remote system responses to site based technical issues and resolve as many system problems as possible without the need to send an engineer to the site
- Provide scheduled, carry out and record the results of all remote pre-planned preventative maintenance activities using a range of remote control software across multiple disciplines
- To provide a technical support service to the ARC Customer Service Team when they encounter issues on-boarding new customer Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm and Intercom
- Qualifications: IT, Computer or technical degree
- A good technical understanding
- Understanding of electrical / electronics (relays, voltage, current, etc.)
- Have worked within a customer focused role with the ability to communicate technical subject matter to non technical end users.
- Good time management skills; able to meet project deadlines.
- Highly organized with the ability to find field reference material quickly and pull out the required information in a concise manner.
- Option of both onsite and remote working (50/50)
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Pension/Life assurance
- Perks at Work Scheme
Jobs that might be of interest: