Processor - Cash Glasgow £9.10 per hour
Processor - CashLocation: Glasgow | Salary: £9.10 per hour | Posted: 16 Sep 2021 | Closes: 31 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7272
Uniform, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Corporate Perks & Discounts, Payroll Giving, Flexible Working Policies, Training & Development Opportunities, Recognition Scheme.
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Cash Processors to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Cash Processor, you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be the processing and supply of notes and coin to fulfil customer requirements. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
● Making up individual customer orders ensuring that all cash supplied meets the specified value, quality and denominational requirements.
● Ensuring all operating and security procedures are constantly adhered to.
● Utilising a variety of cash management systems to ensure accurate counting and allocation.
● Meeting and exceeding the agreed personal and team productivity levels.
● Transferring customer orders to the vaults for onward despatch.
● Undertaking training to develop, learn and progress.
● Demonstrating attention to detail when receiving and recording customer orders.
● Ensuring all necessary paperwork and/or entries are completed accurately.
● Observing all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the department.
● Identifying any discrepancies in notes and coin that are received, and escalating this appropriately.
● Ensuring the integrity of audit trails.
● Demonstrating a proactive attitude by carrying out any other duties as deemed reasonable.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
So what makes a successful Cash Processor?
● Firstly, you will need to be confident in communicating with customers and colleagues in both written and spoken English.
● An appropriate level of numeracy is also very important.
● You will need to be confident following specific procedures and instructions.
● You must also be able to work to tight deadlines.
● Previous cash handling experience would very extremely beneficial, as would experience using IT and computer systems.
● Finally, you must be continuously focused on providing a top notch service to our customers by being efficient, flexible and at all times security conscious.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
● You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
● You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
● You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, free uniform and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application. / Apply now by sending your CV
Jobs that might be of interest:Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation (Night HGV)
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Apply now Processor - Coin
Location: Belfast , Northern Ireland
Apply now Section Manager